• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emergency Help Needed

JGrimm

coming in from a roadtrip with my m1009 and low and behold my truck threw its drive shaft. so my question is im 250miles from home, if i take the hanging shaft off can i drive it home in 4h?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can limp it home with the front shaft only. No 70+mph.

you will need to put a cap on the transfer case. A coke can cut in half fits well.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off what caused the driveshaft to let loose ? forktruck damage , bad u-joints , something in the transfer case or rear end ?
I theory yes you can drive with it like that , but it won't handle like normal . When was the front end last serviced , are the u-joints on the driveshaft and axles good ? I would keep the speeds down and go for it ,but it really depends on the condition of the front driveline parts .

JGrimm

im in newton, iowa atm. the yoke split on one of the holes and threw the shaft off. ive emoved the shaft, left the yoke in and am going to atempt to limp home at 50mph

Coal Cracker

If you were closer to me I could get you a shaft made locally, good luck take your time, get some atf if you can and keep checking the t-case level, you're gonna sling some out. By the way I'm Polish. Lol No offence taken:p

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
somewhere i have a spare yoke off the back of the transfer. if you need it ill try to find it around the shop

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks