• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EMP Proofing HMMWV

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HMMWV should also be running. Without the clowbox and gearbox stuck in limb mode, but it should run.

CapePrep

For reference from Indiana...

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least the HMMWVs have a lot of protection from bio hazzards. With their hermetically sealed doors and bio filtered vents we can feel secure. Only problem I've found as you need to crack a window or the air starts to run out.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least the HMMWVs have a lot of protection from bio hazzards. With their hermetically sealed doors and bio filtered vents we can feel secure. Only problem I've found as you need to crack a window or the air starts to run out.
You’ll never go thirsty in a HMMWV. Water always finds its way in.

Last edited:

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After such an event, knowledge is capital! All the food or water I have stashed away is to help me over for a short time derectly after. Or like the aluminum foil hats here in Europe that hold small gold bars as a currency substitute. All that can be taken away from me.
For a while I had a business where my customers liked to pay with these small 0.1g gold bars.
In case "the currency system collapses".
If that happens then he's the guy with the gold bars. I'm the one with the stick. A short time later, I'm the guy with the stick and the gold bars.

Knowing how is the key to long-term survival and reconstruction. Knowing how to process diesel, how to repair things, how to keep things running. That keeps you alive too!

Last edited:

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta emp proof vehicle. It’s a M35. Mechanical pump and takes all types of fuel. As long as you can get the motor to spin …. You’re off to ????
You can always take 2 batteries and slap the leads across the solenoid terminals to get the starter spinning. Saw my uncle do that a few times on the JD diesel 730. The brain is truly EMP proof but it is prone to faulty inputs🫠

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife has been spewing the EMP crud for at least 25-30 years (used to listen to Art Bell and still is an AM junkie) It is hard to imagine how much time and money I have saved by ignoring her.
IF and WHEN it ever happens I will deal with it the same way I deal with everything, one thing at a time.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Art bell was the best to help keep you awake on the long overnight drives. He had a great show and everything was 100% real and sometimes extremely frightening. Many good pairs of pants had to be thrown out because of him. lol

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks