• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA Mack ENDT 673C 2k

Mrgior31513

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am getting ready to pull an ENDT 673C from an M54A1. It is in running condition but needs work, being sold as is and complete. Only thing I'm not selling with the engine is the power steering pump, for obvious reasons, aftermarket equipment for the truck, not part of the motor.

When I did the service on the truck and changed the oil and filters not long after purchased I noticed metal shavings show up in the oil. I am guessing it is from dry starts wearing through the flat tappets and cam lobes, and it is currently eating itself to death when it is running. I haven't fired it up in a few years, but I am going to prime the oil system and try to get some video of it in the next few weeks, unless someone wants to come down and inspect it, see it running, or keep it from being fired up unnecessarily.

What I figure is: best case is swapping out the cam and tappets, could have also cooked the bearings, but that is not as likely. The filters were not clogged and seemed to be working properly. Since I've had it and realized it had issues I've refrained from firing it up to keep from messing it up. 2k seems like a pretty good price for a running and rebuild-able motor. That or some weather proofing and yard art in the desert until I can get to it for a project.

Location is in Fontana, Ca. Also go back and forth between Bullhead City, Az. and can probably work out a delivery as long as there is some way to unload it from a trailer.

Mrgior31513

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prepped the motor and fired it up today, link is to video of the motor running. Don't mind the oil spots all over it, it was from me checking the oil pressure in the filter after cranking it a bunch of times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks