• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine noise?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Sounds like either the head gasket blew and is leaking to the outside of block. Run your hand around the entire engine around the heads slowly. Number 6 commonly blows to atmosphere on backside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do your research
first is the injectors
|then the valve cover pull/inspection
Then the compression test
Not necessarily in that order
iF YOU WANT TO DRIVE THEN One has to fix it.

dmetalmiki

It would have been much better to stand still near the engine when it is running for a longer period.
Walking about while waving the camera about ( Briefly ),is not conducive to a proper assessment.
The very brief noise (Changing as you walk and approach indicates nothing)
Other than perhaps it is a rattling sound?, Which could be a tappet?.,
Do a long stable video from one point near the engine, and give us a fair chance to interpret what might be wrong.

V8srfun

I agree on the better video. Give us a chance to hear it with the hood up and from multiple angles around the engine.

possible causes but not limited to
1 injector stuck closed/plugged up
2 head gasket issue
3 compression loss (broken valve spring)?
It is easy to pull the rocker cover and check for a valve related issue I would probably start there after visually inspecting the head gasket

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks