• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine question

jdeoliveira74

So I picked up my new engine from Ft Bragg. What is the silver thing on the end of the water pump pully??? Looks like the engine was a rebuild going to to some more investagation tomorrow to see if What the inside looks like

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the Hmmwv fan clutch.

Download the TM-9-2815-237-34 and TM 9-2815-237-34p manuals

Last edited:

majorsnowpusher

if you are putting it in a cucv, which i assume you are, there is a whole bunch of parts that have to be swapped over. i just got mine swapped in and it looked good on the inside so i put it in and it vibrates like crazy at all rpm's. all your sensors, electronics, and the top cap of the ip, and the vaccum pump have to be swapped over. good luck and if i can help let me know.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude, you really need to read up on the HMMWV engines. We have talked about this untold number of times. Also post #4 talked about this.

The HMMWV engine is setup for 24v. The CUCV is 12v.

You do not need to change out the pump but you WILL need to change out the top cover of the IP. Not hard but you do need to pay attention to how you install it.

Also all the sensors and switches will need to be changed out.

Something else you need to figure out is if the engine is a 6.2L or a 6.5L. FStanding in front of the engine look on the pad on the left rear of the water pump. You will see "6.2L" or nothing. Also you can look at the numbers on the rear of the engine. It will tell you the casting number on the block.

Last edited:

jdeoliveira74

Dude, you really need to read up on the HMMWV engines. We have talked about this untold number of times. Also post #4 talked about this.

The HMMWV engine is setup for 24v. The CUCV is 12v.

You do not need to change out the pump but you WILL need to change out the top cover of the IP. Not hard but you do need to pay attention to how you install it.

Also all the sensors and switches will need to be changed out.

Something else you need to figure out is if the engine is a 6.2L or a 6.5L. FStanding in front of the engine look on the pad on the left rear of the water pump. You will see "6.2L" or nothing. Also you can look at the numbers on the rear of the engine. It will tell you the casting number on the block.
will do...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks