• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Erratic behavior from the fuel gauge needle fixed

18E40

My CUCV diesel fuel gauge displayed erratic behavior when the tank wasn't full. When my tank got down below about 80% capacity, the needle would start swinging back and forth erratically with minor movements of the vehicle which became somewhat annoying. I assumed this was due to a bad sending unit in the tank but I decided to pick up a used diesel fuel gauge from eBay to swap into my cluster just to see if that would help any. One thing I noticed was that when I removed my original diesel fuel gauge, the needle could be moved with the slightest amount of pressure. But on the eBay gauge that I was swapping into the cluster, the needle had some resistance when I pushed on it... almost like some sort of dampening. Anyhow, after swapping in the used diesel fuel gauge from eBay, my fuel level needle is now rock solid and still reflects the level of fuel in the tank but in a steady manner.

Attachments

Skinny

My fuel gauge was the first to go, then the speedo started to bounce a bit. That combined with the lack instrumentation made me go to an all electronic dash.

Once I looked at the price on a new factory speedo 🤔

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks