• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC required after bidding closed

danjrofpa

Has anyone noticed that some items do not indicate that a EUC is required during bidding and then shows up in your closed watch list as being required? This seems to happen quite often, or am I missing something?:???:

MilChevyguy

Has anyone at GL ever made a list of all items that need an EUC or not?

Being from Canada, there is no way to bid on items that require it but it would suck if it shows up AFTER a bid and win....Not sure what
they would do about that, anyone run into that after the auction closed?

Good question Danjrofpa!!!

cpf240

I have not noticed that. But I have noticed that active auctions that are in my watch list that require an EUC will not show up in the close watch list after the auction ends. Very annoying. I was told by GL that that is just the way it is.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This has happened many, many times over the years. GL does not control the requirement for an EUC. The federal government does. Many times the feds will re-classify the vehicle after an auction has closed and then GL is required to get an EUC from the buyer. I have seen folks told they need to file for an EUC years after the auction has closed. Does not make sense but that is how it works. For us MV buyers there is no reason to holler and squeal because we have tried to change how it works for many years without any changes being made to the rules. They simply do not care.

danjrofpa

The latest items that showed up needing an EUC were 2 upright refrigerators that I was watching. Are you saying that they will enforce the EUC requirement when it shows up after bidding or do you need to call and confirm it? This all seems a little confusing.

MarcusOReallyus

Dan, GL will enforce EUC requirements at any time up until you take possession.

Yes, it is all confusing, because it's at the whim of federal government bureaucrats who make a career out of making sure they are irreplaceable.

Best advice? Don't expect it to be rational, just deal with it as it comes. :(

Oh, and be careful with those refrigerators. We all know what a huge threat they are to the security of the United States. :roll:

glassk

an off the wall idea, afterall it is just an Icon/ on the website during the auction period, some browsers may not show it or block it, after sale more direct contact from them it is sure to show up,

as for EUC's have more than 50 approved and of them about 5 that they asked for the items back, I replied no longer had the item and never heard anything else, have two flashing arrow boards , like they use for traffic, needed an EUC, won a lot of sealed bid lots fo $41.02 back when the bid started at $35 , most likely EUC scared bidders of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks