• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust J pipe patch (Large Pics)

fredrader

Hi all,I had a big hole in the J pipe and didn't really want to spend $250 + fir a SS J pipe rite now...I drove the deuce down to the muffler shop and thinking the pipe was 3" asked them if they could cut out the bad spot and bend me a pipe to fit..Well the pipe is 3.5" instead of 3"..I had them swell the ends of the pipe they bent for me and he installed it anyway and welded it in place..He said $30 but I gave him $40 and was out of there in about 15min start to finnish..My question is since the dia. of the new pipe is a little smaller than the original pipe will it hurt anything ??? Should I not drive it or will it be ok to drive it ???

My only other option was flexi pipe but the flex pipe is 3.5" in dia...

red devils dude

I would drive it but not for long time, half an hour tops the backperssure will heat
up the turbo much faster and EGT will go way UP :shakehead:
so just my [2cents]

Westech

CPL
I build HP exhaust every day all day and when I got my 6x6 the j-pipe was gone like not there. I bent mine out of 3 inch and drove it for 3 months. Its fine!! It WILL NOT HURT THE MOTOR! It will down the power a tad but other then that its fine to do so.

fredrader

Cool,Glad to hear it won't hurt it..I will be getting a J pipe soon but I just wanted to play with it some in the mean time..I am installing a 2" receiver hitch on it tomorrow so I can pull my trailer w/my CJ7 over to Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana saturday and do some off roading..Maby I will play with the deuce some while I'm there..I am having a problem with my brake lights on my deuce now but I will start a new thread with that problem..Thanks again guy's...Fred

Trango

I should post a pic or two of the armoring I did to my J pipe. Yeah, big hole right there as well. I cut and kerfed out some big ass pipe I had and welded it on one night. Strong as a house and surely won't rust through again.

Just Tig welded a new 2 ujoint steering shaft for the deuce and bolted the pressure plate to the back of the engine. Getting there!

Bob