• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exploded parts view manual ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I could really use this same thing but for my m1045A2
That is the manual for the various hmmwv variants. Including the 1045a2. Page 1 of the manual tells you what vehicle it all pertains to.

TRUCK, UTILITY: TOW CARRIER, W/SUPPLEMENTAL ARMOR, 1-1/4 TON, 4X4, M1045 (2320-01-146-7191);M1045A1 (2320-01-371-9580) (EIC: BBR); M1045A2 (2320-01-380-8229) (EIC: BB5);

papakb

I've always found that when working on my truck the hard copy manuals were better than the electronic versions. When I was up at the NG maintenance facility the other day I was told that hardcopy manuals are a thing of the past and that the government is now going to IETMs, interactive electronic technical manuals on DVDs. While they're great for researching things do you really want to punch a keyboard with greasy fingers?

I highly recommend anyone who owns a HMMWV have at least one set of hardcopy books in their library.

Wire Fox

...unfortunately, you probably just need to print them yourself. I do always buy FMs and TMs for things that are relevant to me whenever I stumble across them...you just have to be lucky sometimes. As for greasy fingers on a keyboard, put a sheet of plastic wrap over top of your keyboard (don't block any vents if it's a laptop). You'll still be able to see the keys, plus you can throw away the wrap when you're done working in order to clean up. They do a similar thing in food service.

papakb

If you happen to have an Army facility near you you might stop by and ask them. If they haven't tossed them all they might just give you a set to save themselves the trouble of carting them to the dumpster! LOL

Somehow I don't think printing a couple of thousand page manuals would be a good idea.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I printed my manuals out on 3 hole loose leaf at Kinkos and keep in large binders. When I go to work on the truck I extract the pages I need and put them in a small binder with plastic covers.
Works pretty good for me. This way, if you grease up a page, you can print out replacements and punch with a manual 3 hole punch. Then put the pages back in the main manual.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks