• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FAA/EAA Vietnam Vets recognition ceremony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today at my County airport there was a fly-in breakfast put on by our local chapters of the Civil Air Patrol and Experimental Aircraft Association, with a ceremony dedicated to honor our Vietnam veterans. During the ceremony a special presentation and dedication to the 22 men who died in combat from my County were recognized and a candle lit as their names were read. I was especially proud and emotional as my own cousin's name was read.

I was joined by several others with military vehicles on display, for this event. Many from Easy Co, NYPENN.

I also brought along one of my neighbors(and friend), whom is a Vietnam Veteran. He mentioned when we got home that he enjoyed the day.

The breakfast was great, the attendance was high, and the weather fantastic.

There were several very distinguished speakers.

I only took a couple pics with my phone.

http://oswegocap.org/2014/pancake-breakfast-fly-in-sept-14/

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks