• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Factory type insulation options

Glider

I've seen the 800nonoise company that sells the factory type insulation in sheets. Does anyone have pictures of how they installed/cut the sheets to insulate new areas? I'd really like to cover the hump and rear passenger area.

Last edited:

papakb

My advice would be to contact db Engineering at 800nonoise.com or 1-800-666-6473 and speak to them about insulation since they're the people that make it. They did all the replacement panels in my M996A1 and they're perfect!

AAVP7

I don´t know why, but they seem to have pulled most of the interesting insulation stuff off their website. I was in contact with them last year about a lot of insulation for my M997, but at that time they said they were out of stock for black insulation. Later, they pulled black from their online shop, then also sand and grey.

I hope they´ll be able to offer the insulation again.

Glider

I called them today. They will waterjet cut to your provided specifications. They do not have any "stock" patterns. Minimum 500.00 order for cutting. The sheets were very competitively priced. I still would like to see how people have cut and covered various items. For example I saw a picture of a hmmwv with what looked to be a sewn floor mat that went over tunnel and sides. It was on a fb buy/sale group. I cant remember which one. The seller didn't respond to my message. I was going to see who made it and try to get the same cut/see using factory style dB engineering mat. It looked nice and covered alot of area. Should cut noise down also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks