• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair price on a parts m1009

EO2NMCB

Found a parts m1009 close by, what is a fair price? I'm guessing the motor is blown. Sorry no pics. here is the sellers reply LOL..............................................................
" i have no clue about the engine. most all of the military trucks have the engines removed. i think that it is for training purposes as their maintenance is overkill and they rebuild engines for practice. i was told by someone that the engines are removed to discourage putting them back on the road as civilian vehicles. the body is mostly rust free, there is a spot on the tailgate and some on the left rocker i think. all the glass is good, or was the last time i saw it. tires are around 50% or so."

M1075

Be real careful when you are wading through all of that seller's BS :) Without an engine, I don't think if would be worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

Michael

If it is complete with tailgate seats and doors and with all of the glass, I would say 500 to 1000. A rust free body is probably pretty heard to come by in IL. Of course you would have to look at it and see with all of the BS in the reply. Be sure to look under the rubber mat for rust.

I wouldn't give up on the motor, it might be good.

heck if your parting it out you can get $1500 for just the axles and d-shafts up there easily with the 4x4 guys. then keep the rest for your truck parts. unless your trying to put it back together.

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: Fair price on a parts m1009

Michael said:
I didn't think 1009 axles were worth that much, its 1008 axles everyone wants.
What he said. No one in their right mind would pay $1500 for 3.08 geared 10 bolts.