• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair pricing for M1008 drivetrains

Hey guys I have a M1008 and I was wondering what you guys would consider to be fair pricing on:
6.2L engine
TH400
NP 208
Gear Vendors OD

A little bit of background on why I'm asking is I've had the truck for a while and would like to tinker with some new drivetrains. The engine, trans, and TC have about 59k on them and the OD has about 10k on it. I love this truck however the 6.2 is a little too temperamental in Montana winters.

Thank you so much for looking

cucvrus

Sell the truck and get a newer gasoline truck. That will fix all your problems. As I got older I didn't want all the maintenance of older vehicles so I bought new every 5 years and never looked back. Now I work on hem as a hobby not a necessity. Good Luck.

I genuinely appreciate your response. However I’m not quite doing this build for completely financial reasons. It’s more of a passion project. I’m only selling the running gear to help fund the project.
Nobody has ever accused me of being the most practical person in the world

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Have you tried the search feature, it works quite well. It may give you a baseline to work by.

Several factors come into play as you know. But geography and condition are big players. And the free market economy in your immediate area and further which may not be economical to others.

I think what I am hearing is that you like the truck but want to improve it for your use. You have decided a plan of sorts and want to offset the cost for the used drivetrain in your truck. Used condition are the key words.

Generally people do not like to give out price information without a hands on personal knowledge of the mention parts. Hopefully a more local person to your area can give you a baseline to go by.

But I will try for my area SE Missouri in the current climate. Engine 60,000 well cared for, always a gamble for the new owner about real condition so I would pay 650.00 and both parties are happy. 400 Turbo with converter, inspection cover and special parts, same truck, 400.00 if it smells right. ;) The Transfer case 208 and with the special parts, 300.00.

Gear Vendors OD Well you have paperwork? Reuse that on your project or what will it price at for You to say goodbuy!:clinto:

Some will agree close to me and others will disagree. But having skin in the game for 45 plus years I am no expert.

Good Luck and let the free market guide you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks