• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall SS Rally in NE Oklahoma

jasonjc

It seem that its real hard to get a rally in these parts.
I tried to start one in the fall of 2007 , but it fell apart when the park had a 4-wheeler thing thing the same weekend we were going to use.
So it got moved to the spring of 2008. We had 3 trucks show up 2 of mine and Opcom came with his. We had 4 or 5 members and 3or 4 guest show up. only 5 of camped for the weekend. The owner of the D-Day Park was GREAT. He took use on a tour of the park and let us use the shower and RV hookup for free (we all did give him some $$ thought).
Then in the spring of 2009 the D-day owner ask if we were coming back. I tried to get it going but it did not seem to be ging to happen. And got busy/broke and did not go so not shure if anyone came or not. With how well all the other rallys do I just don't under stand why one here will not work. Is it the loacation, the park,me,the nuber of member around here???? Can some one tell me why??

91W350

I am not sure, I know the M715 Zone guys had some huge rallies at the Tuttle Creek ORV Park north of Manhattan Kansas. The park is free, but has no camping and you cannot be in there after sunset. There is a lot of nearby camping though and some very nice facilities.

It is also the site of one of the largest Jeep rallies in the area every year and then there is the big rock crawler groupie "Kansas Krawl" that goes on there every year.

That area over there is pretty historic and scenic, not far off of Interstate 70 and 60 miles east of Interstate 135, not a huge drive from Kansas City and Omaha, so maybe that is where the numbers are coming from. I know at the Kansas Krawl we see Missouri, Arkansas, Nebraska. Texas, Iowa, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Kansas plates in decent numbers every year.

I doubt the deuces and 5 tons would have a lot of fun trying to run some of the trails there, however the Unimogs are insane to watch crawl around. I would be interested in running a big loop on the back roads around the two reservoirs, Tuttle Creek and Milford. Ft. Riley is close, not sure if anybody would be interested in trying their luck with base security, but it is a very historic and scenic active military base with a nice museum.

I am game for anywhere in our general area, Kansas-Missouri-Arkansas-Colorado-Oklahoma-Texas-Nebraska-New Mexico-Iowa.... Glen

ARYankee

I have no idea... I know my problem was that I just joined the site and got my deuce. But I'm good to go now. What about the ARMVPA members. There are a bunch of them. I know I want to do something cool like D-Day. I can get the word out in the new club that I'll be starting....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks