• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'Fallen Armor' Junkyard Dio

CharlesKing

Made some changes:

Attachments

D8dave

Your work sould be in the encyclopedia of military modelling!! Thay looks like a diorama of my back yard Thanx's for showing it to us D8dave PS i'am a modeller from way back !! :lol:

CharlesKing

Thanks guys. Glad you like the dio. Since the pics were taken I have made changes to the dio. I wasn't quite satisfied with the look so I made some changes by removing and adding some stuff.

The kits involved in this junkyard were kits I had built with all the trimmings, then destroyed. I got tired of them and decided to put them to good use. The rack you see behind the container was taken from a scratch built M1074 HEMTT PLS Truck. The M997 HEMTT chassis on the side is a kit I modified and scratch built to represent the EPP conversion truck that were used to transport the Battery generators for the Patriot missile launchers. The Humvee is a Tamiya kit I modified to represent a gun truck.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

....the M1075 PLS Hemtt truck.
Really not to nit-pick here, but just wanted to point out that HEMTT's and PLS's are two different animals....PLS has 3 rear drivers (10X10), where as the HEMTT's only had 2 (8x8 ) ...sorry...sometimes i cant help it. :oops: lol.

Other then that, i must say that is AMAZING! The attention to detail is fantastic and if you pictured it right and didnt say it was a model, it would pass for real pictures. Great job. [thumbzup]

Last edited: