• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan part help please

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I'm finding pieces of rubber that look like they are possibly part of the donut...
Is removing the ring an acceptable temporary fix???

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Hoping someone can help. So my fan was wobbly upon removing it I found the rubber gromet piece to be torn and missing a chunk. There is a part number on it. But it pulls up the whole fan clutch. Does anyone have a lead on the part or a suitable replacment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hmmm... I may try to 3D print one with TPUFlex material...

HotTubTimeMachine

You can’t just remove the doughnut. The fan will not be clamped to the fan clutch and will not be centered.

That’s how I ruined the front piece on mine. The fan rattled and shook loose the mounting plate (for a lack of knowing what it’s called). The round thing holding the fan to the clutch.

I put a ledge to center the fan then added thickness to account for not using the rubber doughnut when I machined the spacer.

The truck is in Seattle and I’m in Anchorage. It’s going on the ferry over new years so I will find out how my modification works shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm... I may try to 3D print one with TPUFlex material...
I wouldn't recommend using a 3D printed one on the truck. It would make a good master pattern for a mold, so that you could cast a polyurethane one, though.

For the OP, if you swap to the new style fan (single piece, with steel plate center hub), you must switch to the new fan clutch too. The bolt patterns look similar, but don't actually line up. I think the change over cost me a total of about $400.

ranger.41

Awesomeness,
Do you have part numbers for the new style fan and new style clutch?
where did you purchase them?
thank you,
ranger.41

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesomeness,
Do you have part numbers for the new style fan and new style clutch?
where did you purchase them?
thank you,
ranger.41
They are in the TMs. For me, I found them in the [long] section about replacing the engine. They tell you to take the old engine out, and move the fan and clutch to the new engine, along with a note to switch to the new clutch and fan. They are probably also described in the section about replacing the fan itself.

Also, check the part number spreadsheet in my signature.

I found both of them on eBay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks