• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fellow A3 owner

HDN

Nice to see you got the swap done!

I find it interesting that the Army had TM instructions for such a swap. I bet they anticipated a 1545 shortage considering how few of the trucks were built compared to other trucks, and knew that no more were being built since the 1545 seemed to be a custom item from Allison.

Budrow

Nice to see you got the swap done!

I find it interesting that the Army had TM instructions for such a swap. I bet they anticipated a 1545 shortage considering how few of the trucks were built compared to other trucks, and knew that no more were being built since the 1545 seemed to be a custom item from Allison.
HDN Thanks, it’s nice to be up and running again. I also find it interesting that the swap is in the TM, from what I’ve learned from this job the A3 was the only truck that ever used the 1545. I was fortunate to find a good trans rebuilder that talked me into going with the 545 and was a big help with any questions I had. I kept the flywheel/ pressure plate from the 1545 in case anyone wants it on here, but ended up junking the rest. It’s just not cost effective to try and rebuild one of those up here in AK. Maybe down south

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks