• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feul guage stuck

rfischba1

I noticed the fuel guage on a M1008 was reading way past full on a truck wihich had a dead battery, other truck with dead batteries were not stuck in the way past full postion.
Do you think the guage will reset once the batteries are charged, or is there a short/ bad fuel guage?

CCATLETT1984

the only wire to really check is the ground wire for the sending unit in the tank. the wire is on the inside of the drivers frame rail, a bit behind the front mount for the tank. it comes through a hole in the side of the frame and has a bolt and star washer. pull it apart clean it up and get a new star washer. If that doesnt make a difference i would suspect the sending unit next. (that involves dropping the tank.)

My truck will read past full when the truck is "FULL", did you happen to open the fuel filler cap to see if the truck was that full?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks