• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field desk

m109a2

Bought a field desk at a yard sale three draws on the left and a safe and storage on right combo safe being on top.Is there a standard combo for this piece? Bear in mind I call this a desk it has no square hole to put your legs through.I would love to keep it up to military speck.It would pain me to drill and install a hasp need advice.By the way this thing looks like it was made for my M109 box.Al

Hey GUNNUT. i have no way to post a pic but tomorrow I will go give it a good measure.Al
You can send me a photo by PM and I will post it for you.

I hope sigo is correct with the 50-25-50, but I would not bet on it. When I get a safe with a combo lock, the first thing I do is change the numbers.

I did buy a "teller's drawer" safe from a bank's surplus auction once. They would not announce the combo and told the crowd to contact a locksmith. Fortunately the safe was locked open - and nobody wanted to pay for a safe and a locksmith. I got the safe for next to nothing, "learned" the combo, and told the bank vice-president the combo within 10 minutes of buying the safe. :whistle: I told him I thought it would have been smarter to just announce the combo during the auction. Who would have thought they would leave the actual working combo on a safe they were selling? I wonder, if they thought it necessary to change the combos on all of the remaining teller's drawers in the bank?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up an old field safe off GL awhile back and it was set to the default combination. I've looked at several and all had the combination set to default prior to being surplused. I've also seen more than a few field safes in use at various units throughout my career that had never been changed from default. Hopefully nobody ever changed m109's safe

m109a2

Thank you guys y'all are great this is why I sighed on.I joined a few years ago.After a year I found my dream truck a M35 a2 with a M35 frame with a 109 box matted with a 105.(Neil Hendricks rig). Happy Happy Happy.Al

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks