• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter Help M35A3

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have the filter numbers for NAPA replacements for Oil and Air filters on the CAT engine I can't read the numbers on the filters on truck someone painted them. Thank you

papercu

The engine is a 3116 ATAAC Cat. couldn't you just ask them? I show the oil filter as a Cat number 1R0658 or a Baldwin B76. Fuel filter as Cat. number 7E9763 Wayne

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the local CAT dealer and got if you dont have the set up number I cant help you. That is why I asked here. Thank you for all the help

papercu

What is a set up number? I call the local NAPA and using the cat part number I have this.
Oil filter NAPA number 1791 price 10.68
Fuel filter NAPA number 3239 price 8.68
Your mileage may vary. Wayne

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all I picked them up and changed them tonight. Yea that was my question for CAT too the guy wanted the serial number of the motor to kno wthe set up number never had so much problem from them to get filters. ( I didnt tell them I was buying them from NAPA) The state has a parts contract with NAPA so NAPA it is. they seem to work well on most of our other MVs. Again THANK YOU

lonegunman

Looking at my paperwork from Cat, they have two filters listed with Cat part numbers but do not say which is fuel and which is oil.

They are,

Filter_________ 3239 _______________ $13.22

Filter AS_______1R-0739_____________ $10.90

The trans filter kit had part number 29540976, which might be the Allison number for the internal filter for the 1545. It took a Baldwin spin on as well, BT 230.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Havasu Sun

For those who have switched to ATF for the tranny... What external filter did you use? Does the filter that it came from the army with, which is an oil filter also work with ATF fluid?

Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part numbers are bin the deuce parts spreadsheet ( at the bottom ) in the stickies of the deuce forum

HDN

I was told to used oil only in tranny
While oil seems to work fine for my M35A3's transmission, I still plan on switching to Dexron III ATF in the springtime. The main reason I've heard that using motor oil in the transmission is problematic is because it eats at the inner seals. The seals were designed to work with ATF, not motor oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks