• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally brought my M1009 home!

msoumas

So I took the bus out to PA this weekend to go pick up my truck. Stayed at a friend's in NJ close by for the night and went out on Saturday morning to pick the truck up. I drilled fresh holes to put the license plate on the back, said goodbye to my friend, and started the 325 mile drive back home. She managed 80 the whole way back (give or take a hill or two) and I didn't have to stop to fill up once. I'll try to have photos tomorrow.

Anyone else had to put a light over the license plate to pass inspection? I've got one bolted up but I keep blowing fuses trying to figure out which wire to leech off in the taillight. :?

CCATLETT1984

i have mine wired to the trailer T-connector i have on the truck, just running off the same wire as the running lights.
For the actual light, I got two of those "ricer" windshield wiper arm lights, with white LED's. I painted them black and use the bolts to hold the lights and plate to the bumper. They work great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks