• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA Finally found insurance for our deuce and a half

Tapper02

Went through USAA who is partnered with Progressive for anything they can't insure...such as my M915A1. Finally got them to drop the minimum $750,000 liability coverage...they kept telling me that was the CA minimum but couldn't prove it. Worked the premium down to just under $305/6 months. I can live with that!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Safeco (the parent company of Liberty) insures all our 5 cars & trucks, including my '93 Ford F700 box van.

It is licensed as an AZ Historic Vehicle. The DMV criteria is 25yrs or older, basically unmodified, and not engaged in a commercial enterprise. It gets used a lot, hauling house building stuff and supplies to our cabin site up North.

My agent saw it, said "Nice truck".

Full coverage (100K/500K) on all of them runs me $250/mo.

The have paid out several times, due to accident damage (not our fault), and bought us lots of new windshields.

As a side note, all my MV's policies are paused presently due to repairs, and are not driven now. They were with Safeco at decent rates.

When I get time, well, you know the drill.

DG

therealquaid

I know this thread is not new but I also managed to insure my M35A2 through progressive today in California. I had to call their commercial agency and the agent told me NO TWICE! I said I knew of people who had it done, he comes back and says he “figured it out”. I did not mention it was a MV, he put it down as a Kaiser Jeep M35.

Since it is registered through my LLC it was “commercial insurance for personal use vehicle”. Got liability, collision and comprehensive + $25k stated value for ~$102/month. No mileage limits.

BigMontana

From a legal perspective I feel like your insurance agents might not understand the definition of haul a load.

Pull a trailer is pretty straight forward, but the terms: "haul" and "cargo" might be what are called "terms of art" which is a fancy legal way of saying, "It don't mean what it means in everyday language, cause lawyers fought about the definition so long it got silly."

I'm also curious to see if insisting my LMTV is a recreational vehicle might fix some of the insurance agent with head up their 4th point of contact issues.

I'm a Montana resident though so I suspect I'll have less trouble than most.

Socal_man11

DG, do you still have this policy? Safeco told me no.

Safeco (the parent company of Liberty) insures all our 5 cars & trucks, including my '93 Ford F700 box van.

It is licensed as an AZ Historic Vehicle. The DMV criteria is 25yrs or older, basically unmodified, and not engaged in a commercial enterprise. It gets used a lot, hauling house building stuff and supplies to our cabin site up North.

My agent saw it, said "Nice truck".

Full coverage (100K/500K) on all of them runs me $250/mo.

The have paid out several times, due to accident damage (not our fault), and bought us lots of new windshields.

As a side note, all my MV's policies are paused presently due to repairs, and are not driven now. They were with Safeco at decent rates.

When I get time, well, you know the drill.

DG

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds a little high for just one truck. Do you have a historic vehicle option where you live?

I'm spending a little over $2k for the year, but that is on all of my 'fleet'.

Maybe my driving record helps, I'm 70 now without a lot of big claims against me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks