• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got an M1009 (New from Ohio)

Strawman

Hi everyone! :razz:

After wanting one for years.. I got an M1009, sort of!
It's painted black and converted to 12volt
Got some rust like everything in Ohio.. and probably hasn't run in a year..
but I didn't have to go far to pick up & it's already titled.

- Finished up wiring and changing all the fluids.
- Bled some air and then some ugly fuel out of the filter.
- Put in new AC60G's and a pushbutton.

ALMOST started yesterday before I ran out of battery power!
Hopefully tomorrow we'll see some life

So after reading this site every other day, I'm now a member :beer:

topgun217

Welcome aboard! Alot of fine folks on here and alot of od here in Ohio! I thought I was the only one on here who had to pick just the right time to get their od iron (aka. wife timing, so she could'nt complain too much) I waited 9 years. :beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers and the OD Green madness (okay black paint madness for you...lol).

Make sure you visit the CUCV Forum. At the top of the page is the CUCV Wiki. It has a bunch of info on the CUCV

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

and the FAQ thread for CUCVs.

FAQ Thread for CUCV's

From the Wiki page there are links for all of the Tech Manuals and many part numbers.

And if you are troubleshooting the electrical system, you need to read the first few pages of the Troubleshooting section of the -20 or -34 manuals.

It covers how to read the Electrical diagrams, what the wire sizes are and what the wire labels are.

The diagrams are in the Appendix of each manual.

Don't hesitate to ask a question, just give us as much info as possible so it will be easier to diagnose.

Strawman

Thanks!

No worries, if I find a good deal on paint it probably will end up OD green again!

topgun, yep... I had to get rid of my Jeep CJ before I could pick up a CUCV, that was our deal 8)
Probably have to get rid of the 'Burb if I ever want a Deuce

deucebigalo

Also welcome!

This site is very good and the knowledge that the folks have on here is endless, There is a great feeling that you know someone here can always help!

AND also, could not resist the opportunity to post this......

nopics

You know we love to see pictures, now you have to post some of your new ride!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks