• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the MEP-003 running !!!

SmokeyJoeJ

Well after many setbacks and a lot of help from Speddmon I got her running this week and she is making good power!! I had all my shop lights the shop 5000 btu window AC , the house AC unit and many lights on and she was only at 50%. I then turned on all 3 hot tub motors and that pushed her to 100% What a great machine !! It just grunted a little when I added the house and stayed right on 60HZ. Thanks again Speddmon for all your support.

For those that may need to do a engine overhaul as I did almost all of the parts are available. A little pricey like:$35 per connecting rod bearing and $106 for the center main. head gaskets and a few other seals and she is good to go. :-D:-D:-D I will try to upload a video of her running later

Wrench Wench

I've gotta wonder... There's publishing on demand. You upload a PDF file for a book to the PoD company and as you have need, you order one, three, a dozen copies to be printed and bound, and it's economical.

When is someone gonna start a parts manufacturing on demand. The specs for these rods and bearings and gaskets are available. Why couldn't a MoD company reach back into their raw stock and pull out the push rod stock and then form the ends, treat for hardness, etc, drop it in a box and ship it out? A gasket? get the right thickness and material out of raw stock and have the CRC cutter punch one out, vacuum pack it, and slap a shipping label on it.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SmokeyJoe,

I'm glad I could play a small part in you getting her running. I can't wait to see the video of it running. Congrats on a job well done!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks