• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally! Hello from Floriduh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosoul

Banned
The day has come. I'm finally on the hunt for an m35a2. Just wanted to say hi, and tell a little about me as it pertains...

I've been lurking/reading quite a bit, awaiting the day that I am officially in the market.

I've been driving Diesels exclusively for a long time. I do my own work because mechanics just can't be trusted. I lost my favorite car to an incompetent mechanic; heavily upgraded AHU Passat TDI (8 second sedan with no spark plugs and less displacement than a coke bottle). Currently driving bone stock ALH TDI.

Yes. Ran, not filtered, but centrifuged, WMO in the AHU. I'm looking for something huge, awesome, and less sensitive to that fuel choice. Let my son earn the ALH from me now that he's 18.

I have lots of tools and experience, but this thing is different by the simple fact that it's effing huge! I'm unlikely to be able to just pick up the transmission and carry it around, like my TDIs... Going to be some learning there. Probably a few specialty tools...

I'm in North Floriduh, about 20 miles West of Live Oak. Looked on GL, nothing in range but a few junkers in Louisiana. What I found on CL and eBay seems overpriced for what it is... I'm not trying to turn this into a want ad, but why I'm here matters...

The Plan: Spend not too much, bob it, bigger tires. I just want a really badass truck, an MV only by proxy... Widely available parts. No stealership.

My neighbors, what there are of them, will just think it's cool. I can see my 5 acres turning into a boneyard of old M35s... Better keep some-self control running in an IV....

Lots of info here. I appreciate the effort it takes to manage a resource like this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Welcome to a fellow Floridian, there are several people who have MV's for sale here in North Florida. A few in Ocala & a few more in Hastings. Don't forget to check craigslist & of course here in the classifieds on Steel Soldier!

camosoul

Banned
Welcome to a fellow Floridian, there are several people who have MV's for sale here in North Florida. A few in Ocala & a few more in Hastings. Don't forget to check craigslist & of course here in the classifieds on Steel Soldier!
You know if the FL DMV hates on 5 tons? I can't get a straight answer out of them (surprise).

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from central FL. Floridianson is not far in Newberry and has some trucks for sale. Not sure if any are M35A2s.

Good luck in your search.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Tarpon Springs/Tampa! It's a whole new world. There's a lot of great guys here in FLA. DMV is easy as pie. Don't know why, but they show my title as 8000lb. Could be because it was previously registered in FLA that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

camosoul

Banned
Thanks guys, you're awesome!

I didn't even realize HMMWVs were available... I'm already coming down with a case of green iron syndrome...

Last edited:

camosoul

Banned
Your rules are far more restrictive and counter-intuitive than any other forum, well, ever... Who wouldn't want to know how to get an HMMWV on the road? It's a natural inquiry... Much larger and heavier vehicles are considered no big deal, so why would a person think it was a problem? If you want people to abide bizarre rules, they need to be mentioned somewhere in the signup process. Because, no, there was not one word about sig links or HMMWV in what I read.

Now that I know...

Much like companies that ban firearms in their retail locations; I'll respect your property rights by going somewhere else. Sorry it had to be like this, but I'm not the one who made it so.

In spite of the pleasant users, I'm clearly not welcome in the eyes of the site operators. Account ban requested.

Last edited:

infidel got me

Water off a ducks back. You just got your hand smacked and a time out. The mods are just trying to point you in the right direction. A quick once over through the site rules and you'll be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks