• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally mounting my airlift bumper.

Crapgame

I used a 20 ton air over hydraulic bottle jack on a cinder block, then a 4x4x6 wood block and 2x4x6 wood block between the jack ram and the body tub. Lift the body tub slightly to take pressure off the frame rail/body mount bracket cross bolts. Use impact wrench to remove the 1/2"-13 cross bolts and nuts. Then remove the two bolts holding the M998 hitch angled struts to the frame rails.

Replace parts with A2 Airlift Bumper unique parts

Action

I used a 20 ton air over hydraulic bottle jack on a cinder block, then a 4x4x6 wood block and 2x4x6 wood block between the jack ram and the body tub. Lift the body tub slightly to take pressure off the frame rail/body mount bracket cross bolts. Use impact wrench to remove the 1/2"-13 cross bolts and nuts. Then remove the two bolts holding the M998 hitch angled struts to the frame rails.

Replace parts with A2 Airlift Bumper unique parts
Remove the body mount bolts. Just lift the rear end up slightly and scoot a 2x4 under each corner. It isnt heavy. Put the upper rubbers on the mounts before they are bolted to frame rail. Dont forget the spacers.
For the bumper....put the end shackles on. Leave one end on ground. Lift other end by shackle and put a bolt in. Add nut. Lift other end and insert bolt.
keep it simple.

blutow

My bumper and brackets were supposed to arrive today (from 2 different sources). Fedex and UPS both failed to deliver, pretty much the new normal for deliveries lately. I pulled most of the existing brackets/hardware off, so it should be a quick install once they arrive (hopefully tomorrow). I did enjoy the video, especially the matching bolt discussion. I got all my grade 8 hardware from Tractor supply, I saw someone suggesting it on this site. They have decent pricing by the pound for all their grade 8 hardware. It's about $50 of hardware if you replace everything, less if you reuse some of the existing hardware that is the same length.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks