• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Find any part for FMTV…. What are the unicorns?

ramdough

Ok, my uncle in-law is spending the weekend with us and he recently retired from working for NAPA (now he is part time). He said he prided himself on being able to find any part…. Especially hard to find parts.

I asked if he thought he could find shocks for these trucks…. He said yes.

I thought I would see what unicorn parts are out there and give him maybe 3 things to see what he can do.

So, what would you say are 3 hard to find parts?

I would need part numbers, descriptions, and maybe specs if you have them to give him a head start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, my uncle in-law is spending the weekend with us and he recently retired from working for NAPA (now he is part time). He said he prided himself on being able to find any part…. Especially hard to find parts.

I asked if he thought he could find shocks for these trucks…. He said yes.
I could come up with anything and everything but your uncle either won't be able to find it or the price will be so outrageous the exercise will be pointless.

Since he specifically said he could find shocks - have him try to find the one's for the front of the A1R/A1P2:

2510-01-528-1547

BAE Systems Land and Armament: 12423979
BAE Tactical Vehicle Systems: APC30194
General Kinetics Engineering: G-11716, G-11741, G11979

If he does find them new though, they are probably $1,800 each plus whatever markup he would have to add. But I doubt he will find them. Depends on what he means by "find" - I can tell you who made them and probably with enough phone calls I can find out who is currently making them but that doesn't mean they will sell them to the public. So did I "find" anything? Finding the stuff isn't the problem - it's getting the manufacturer to even give you the time of day for wanting 1 or 2 of them if they even have them - often they build them in batches and the whole batch goes to a DOD warehouse and is locked away till they need another batch or it goes to auction. And the manufacturer isn't going to tool up to make one or two or even a dozen. They probably want an order of 100+ to even give you a quote.

ramdough

I think he probably would be looking for an equivalent commercial product with similar specs. Not specifically OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks