• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finished tire swap

rickta24

ok i had multiple threads going so i decided to put all the pictures here.
i finished installing the humvee 12 bolts and 36" bias ply tires.

work i have left:

trim front to clear the tires

get a longer bolt??? not sure which one.
i hear the bolt for the steering stop? not sure what that is. someone care to school me?

get broken starter bolt out and hopefully solve starter issue.

figure out why i can't warm start. possible injector pump going out.

eventually get it back to the right colors.

Attachments

JohnnyReb

I like it too!
Probably a stupid question, but I know almost nothing about Hummer and M1009's... Did you need the spacers because of different bolt patterns? Wheel well too shallow for rims and tires? or both?

AJMBLAZER

They have the wrong backspacing for the 1008 and the 1009.

The problem with the 1009 is that the 1009 is a half ton so it has the 6x5.5" bolt pattern instead of the 8x6.5" bolt pattern of the HMMWV and the CUCV pickups.

That and the 3.08 gears...and the 10 bolts and their G80 grenade lock in the rear are on borrowed time with tires that big and heavy...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks