• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Department M925A2

LCFD

Hey Guys,

My Fire Department has recently acquired a surplus M925A2 from the US Army. We are going to be modifying it in house and making it into a Highwater vehicle. We are also going to be using it for water rescue and a few other special operation needs.

If there are any suggestions or ideas regarding this please throw it out there!!

We paid 3,500$ for it and are currently having it trailered from Fort Dix to Long Island N.Y.

The truck looked to be in very good condition, running. Repainted in 2010. We will be repainting it red and black (Fire Department colors)

During Sandy we could have used the winch/truck to pull some very large trees out of the way that were trapping us at a point when things started to get a little hairy. Also, we were rescuing people from their homes and off the roofs of their cars and the high water capability would've helped us out.. The 5 Ton we are purchasing has the high water kid i believe.

The only downside I saw to the vehicle was the air system in the tires. It seems that they deflate and self inflate depending on the terrain (im sure you guys know what im talking about). We will be removing this.

Any and all help is appreciated. Most of the work will be done by guys in house volunteering their time.

Thanks again!

James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks