• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firewall 12v connection current limits?

kallisti5

I'm putting a light bar on my M1009, and there is a 12v connection on the firewall that is conveniently switched by the Blackout / Civy light switch.
Anyone know the current limits of that circuit? I have a feeling it's where the lighting ties into, so would be the perfect place to power the lightbar from.

I've already wired a radio there (nothing crazy, just a head unit and two speakers), but also switched all the exterior running lights to LED bulbs... so thinking I might have room for another ~ 5A-6A?

Thanks!

Attachments

kallisti5

Why not use that trigger to run a relay? Then it won't matter how much current you need as you would use the appropriate rated relay.
Eh. I wasn't doing a relay since 5-7A isn't *that* much... but yeah, I could switch the relay off of the 12v point the radio is connected to, then feed the light bar 12v or 24v directly from the battery (front or both) via a fused cable. (it's rated up to 30v... but it was pretty cheap so not sure if 24v would "kill it quicker")

Not at all. Thanks though! :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks