• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce came home last night

chicklin

Well, it finally came home. After weeks of waiting, false starts with haulers, etc., I finally got her home last night. I'm still waiting to figure out what year it is. The contract year is 1970 by General Products - Jeep, so I think it's somewhere around 70-73.

I bought it sight unseen, so there were a few nice surprises:
- Fires right up, almost before you've pressed the starter button all the way in
- Almost zero rust, just a few small spots here and there where the paint flaked or chipped
- Great paint job
- Half the tires are new, the rest are 90% or better
- Jack and several tools in the locked toolbox
- Vinyl top and cargo cover are rip-free
- Air-ride seat
- Winch and cable are very clean
- D turbo, I didn't want a whistler
- Ether start
- Pioneer tools
- 3/4 full tank of diesel

First things I'm going to do are:
- NAPA muffler
- Check/change all fluids, grease chassis
- Need to replace one headlight
- Need to replace turn signal flasher unit
- Touch up rust spots
- Clean the bed and inside of the cab real well

Couldn't be happier, I got a great deal. I'm looking forward to the months and years of playing with and working this beast.

Attachments

kurtkds

Nice looking rig.. Glad that the transportation worked out for you.

Better get to work on her...

I see that you even got the Pioneer tools.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chicklin,

Which GL lot did you find this in? Great looking truck. Sure is cheaper than the M715.

chicklin

Boatdocter said:
Was this the truck behind the dodge dually that everybody gave you a hard time. Nice truck i am glad it made it home safe.
Yep. I posted some more pics and info in that thread. Everything went real smooth.

chicklin

tlm47201 said:
Must have came from Drexel. 1313 engineers are out of Atterbury. Bet it was one loading up when I picked Choll's 3 M1009's up last Friday.
Drexel Gardens, yes, but it was picked up 9/18. Neat to know it was an engineering unit.

chicklin

Warthog said:
Hey Chicklin,

Which GL lot did you find this in? Great looking truck. Sure is cheaper than the M715.
Drexel Gardens, IN. Yeah, the M715 was cool and turned out really nice, but I'm pretty excited about this one. It's going to be a driver, not a restoration, and parts are easier to come by, so that will be nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks