• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Ride in M715!

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_2042.jpg

I purchased this truck from the GSA last December and finally got her on the road today! I converted the brakes using the F350 wheel cylinders and added a dual brake reservoir. It has the original engine and it runs great! I am planning to add new canvas for the top and seats.

Blitz

Very Nice and Congratulations !

As soon as the M715zone comes back on line, Be sure to post a few pics there as well !

its nice having brakes huh ?

I bet everyone who sees it stares :)

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1673.jpgIMG_1664.jpgIMG_1662.jpg Thanks for the comments. I am very excited to get this truck out and about. I did get quite a few comments and stares on the road. As a friend of mine says, "You are the Grand Marshal of your own parade when you drive the M715!"

Last edited:

kvflyer

That looks great and I can certainly identify with that first ride. When I drove my truck for the first time in 40 some years, what a thrill. If you are on "The Zone", you may have seen the video that I posted of a friend who drove my truck for the first time since he was in Germany in the 70s.

A wonderful feeling and congratulations also!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks