• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fitting Grease

cten

If I purchase the following are they O.K. to use on the truck or should I use only one of them or should I use none of them.

Shell rotella grease heavy duty lithium complex 2

or

Super tech extreme pressure multi duty complex high-temp grease.

Regards,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grease is good, better grease is better. I use GAA simply because it's worked so well for the military and I have so much of it. If I didn't have this stash of GAA I would be using Kendall Super Blue. I've not had the pleasure of using the Rotella grease but I sure like the oil. Supertech is the Walmart line of lubricant made by Warren Oil. I use their GL-1 by the bucketload and have never had a problem with it. I've never tried their grease. I think if the grease has the correct rating for the application you would never have a problem. Remember the deuce has large bearings in comparison to todays vehicle and they move quite a bit slower so average grease is more acceptable than with passenger cars. Just imagine how fast those little bearings are spinning in the little rice grinder zooming by at 85 MPH with 25" tall tires. Compare that with the 39" tire at 50 MPH. You see my point!
HTH

Pappa-G

Recovry4x4 said:
Good grease is good, better grease is better. I use GAA simply because it's worked so well for the military and I have so much of it. If I didn't have this stash of GAA I would be using Kendall Super Blue. I've not had the pleasure of using the Rotella grease but I sure like the oil.
[dito] Synthetic grease is super but expensive, GAA works and is cheap like me! Need I say more?

~Pappa-g

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid me! I'll bet that at least one of our readers is still asking himself what GAA is. For the benefit of our newest members and visiting readers, GAA stands for Grease, Automotive and Artillery. Remember, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked!