• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fixing / filling holes in body . . .

Ddk2001

I'm getting ready to prep my HMMWV for paint - and am thinking about filling some of the holes it's acquired over time. I've attached pictures of a few - some remain from where the antenna bracket was, others from where the troop carrier apparatus was, others are in/on the tunnel.

I seem to recall seeing an aluminum plug of sorts that filled the hole where the antenna mount was - but now cannot find it. Has anyone ever seen it?

And the rivet holes - I have a pop rivet tool for smaller rivets - but not for the bigger rivets. If you've filled them - what have you done?

Thx
D

IMG_0205.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0207.jpg

DainGerous

Google 'plastic plugs' and there are a few sources. BLowes and Home Deport have some in stock in the nut/bolt/automotive drawers, although small selection. Right of doghouse on tunnel uses a metal backer and rubber grommet shaped like the hole... holds the radio power cable/etc in place. Couple different styles. epay search under HMMWV grommet will turn up something.. or the TM's for NSN. Also the metal bracket for the grommet... if you plan on installing power cable anyway.

Carrera911

The oem plastic plugs are made by Caplug. For the radio holes by the passenger seat and the rear passenger wheel well I made these.
IMG_3069[1].jpg
Just 1/8 aluminum sprayed flat black. Kinda ghetto, but it works.