• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FlowMonster stainless steel Mufflers

txmytx_catahoula

I've got about 4 months and 3k miles on a set of FlowMonster Stainless steel mufflers and I think they're working out pretty good on my m1009. I went with the Performance stainless steel (FM1235s) offset x offset, 2.25" in & out, 14" body and 20" overall, so a little shorter than original. When they showed up I looked into them and was supprised that even though they were double offset, you could see straight through. They do have some baffleing in the corners.

At idle I can't tell much difference than the factory mufflers and the same cruiseing around the neighborhood roads at 30-40mph. Now if you don't watch how you get up to those speeds, you get a pretty good noise. At road speed above 45 I'm really liking the "rich" rumble! It's 5 miles of stop 'n go 45mph followed by 14 miles of 65-70, as I go to work. Last weeks MPG...20!