• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU 419 power steering and water pump belt change

Mark Thomsen

Has anyone had trouble changing the v-belts on a FLU419? I can get the loader hydraulic pump belt off but can't find a way to fit the belts between the cooling fan and the power steering pump pulley. I am hoping I don't have to pull the loader, radiator, and then install a 3/16" or so spacer between the fan and the crank pulley to create a 3/8" gap to fit the belt through.

I am hoping someone out there can tell me what secret is. It is bad enough to loosen the power steering pump tensioner bolt but I have a system now and that isn't really that bad in comparison to getting the radiator out of the way to put in a spacer.

My driving force is that the water pump pulley is loose and I have no more adjustment so a new belt is necessary.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Thomsen

Hmm. I don't recall getting the belts in place was an issue. Sorry, no help there.
Adjustments were less than fun, though, that I won't forget.
It occurred to me after reading your post that maybe I should try turning the crank/fan with a breaker bar slowly feeding the belts through. I didn't try this but since you don't remember the belts causing a problem it might be that you just did that out of habit. Maybe?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks