• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 rear axle problems

kira2235740

Hello, haven’t posted on here in some time busy building my house. Last year I replaced the rear axle on the 419 due to 2wd not working, bought the axle from a man in Colorado, axle was still in original vacuum wrap from factory. Mechanic missed diagnosed the problem come to find out there were 6 bolts that had worked lose and broke inside the knuckle connecting the output shaft of the transmission to the drive shaft. So I just paid way to much money for 6 bolts! New axle installed less then a month into usage 2wd goes out AGAIN! New symptom loud clank/banging when driving in 4wd, 2wd is not operational. Parked the unit due to lack of need for it, just now getting around to tearing it apart. Dropped the rear axle and slide the axle away from the drive shaft and this is what I see.

Now I still have the old rear axle that has nothing wrong with it, but I was informed that the input shaft/spindle is basically custom to each axle and can only work for that specific axle. I am using this unit on a farm to build not only my house but also doing work around the farm. This unit is not being over used nor abused, I operated other large equipment and backhoes so I not pushing the piece of equipment beyond its capabilities.

Here are my question:
Can I use the old input shaft/spindle and replace the broken one?
How can I avoid doing this again?
What caused this to happen?
Did I do anything wrong to cause this?

Thank you for all your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeblack5

Hello, haven’t posted on here in some time busy building my house. Last year I replaced the rear axle on the 419 due to 2wd not working, bought the axle from a man in Colorado, axle was still in original vacuum wrap from factory. Mechanic missed diagnosed the problem come to find out there were 6 bolts that had worked lose and broke inside the knuckle connecting the output shaft of the transmission to the drive shaft. So I just paid way to much money for 6 bolts! New axle installed less then a month into usage 2wd goes out AGAIN! New symptom loud clank/banging when driving in 4wd, 2wd is not operational. Parked the unit due to lack of need for it, just now getting around to tearing it apart. Dropped the rear axle and slide the axle away from the drive shaft and this is what I see.

Now I still have the old rear axle that has nothing wrong with it, but I was informed that the input shaft/spindle is basically custom to each axle and can only work for that specific axle. I am using this unit on a farm to build not only my house but also doing work around the farm. This unit is not being over used nor abused, I operated other large equipment and backhoes so I not pushing the piece of equipment beyond its capabilities.

Here are my question:
Can I use the old input shaft/spindle and replace the broken one?
How can I avoid doing this again?
What caused this to happen?
Did I do anything wrong to cause this?

Thank you for all your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nobody ??

Ferretboy

Here again im no expert....but are there different gear ratios????if the front is different from the rear...yes a problem....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks