• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FM100 Bleed screw broke!

erasedhammer

Well, I over-torqued the small plastic bleed screw on my FM100 filter housing. It broke the head off the screw and left the threads and what appears to be an internal pot metal valve inside the housing.

Anyone ever encounter this? Easy way to get whats left of the screw out? Where to find replacements without buying a whole new housing?
I would think a regular metal bleed screw would be better, but I don't think the threads are the same for the screw as all the other fittings.

IMG_20201222_063733.jpg
IMG_20201222_063746.jpg
IMG_20201222_063813.jpg
IMG_20201222_063803.jpg

Last edited:

erasedhammer

I can't seem to find a bleed screw anywhere, yet it appears every stanadyne FM filter head and all the knock off ones ALL use the same bleed screw. Did these filters go out of production a while ago? I can't even find very many filter housings... even on ebay.

cucvrus

Are you into breaking things off? My Brother used to make everything Bull tight. He broke off more bolts and fittings then the entire family combined. Everything has a breaking point and that bolt has evidently met its. Use a square easy out and tap it in lightly. Get smaller wrenches and know the correct torques. Aren't you the same guy that broke the steering stabilizer stud off? Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

erasedhammer

Are you into breaking things off. My Brother used to make everything Bull tight. He broke off more bolts and fittings then the entire family combined. Everything has a breaking point and that bolt has evidently met its. Use a square easy out and tap in in lightly. get smaller wrenches and know the correct torques. Aren't you the same guy that broke the steering stabilizer stud off? Happy Holidays.
There wouldn't be anything to repair if I didn't break things lol.

I managed to get it out by drilling and hammering a allen into it. Im looking for a bolt to replace the old screw.
Turns out the old one was 100% plastic.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
A set of left handed twist drills is cheap.
Just use smallest to largest one can use starting from the center. It will back out.
I made a lot of money getting broke fasteners out of all kinds of stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks