• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV A/C Compressor Bracket - ???s

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scored one of the brackets that Suprman and others have for sale. I was convinced this bracket fit over the alternator, but this is not the case. It fits outboard of the air compressor, bolting down low on the block. Only problem is, the bracket is only part of the story. There is no way for the common Sanden SD508 compressor to attach to it. Also, there is a coolant tube that is in the path of where any belts would go to the crank pulley. Anyone got any further intel on this install? I believe this bracket was part of the FMTV uparmor kit.

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The ones I have are different. And I have some for the C7 that are big kits for a larger alternator and AC compressor. Whering had one he was working on installing it on a M1078A1 with C7.

sandcobra164

C7 Also uses a V belt from the water pump to the A/C Compressor on LTAS equipped trucks which all have air conditioning. The pulley is right behind the fan clutch. Compressor is on driver's side of engine on those.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C7 Also uses a V belt from the water pump to the A/C Compressor on LTAS equipped trucks which all have air conditioning. The pulley is right behind the fan clutch. Compressor is on driver's side of engine on those.
Sandcobra, if you could post some pics of that setup from your work wrecker or other I would be eternally grateful.

sandcobra164

It'll be this weekend. I'd be glad to though. Anything in particular you want me to get a close pic with a ruler of or just general overview shots from both sides?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'll be this weekend. I'd be glad to though. Anything in particular you want me to get a close pic with a ruler of or just general overview shots from both sides?
Yes, just a couple of overhead shots of the compressor and belts so I can see what I am missing. Ruler not required. Thanks, this will be quite useful for a lot of us.