• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv brake tools.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These tools are expected to be made out of hot rolled steel. I'm going to try 3D printing them in carbon fiber polycarbonate and see how they do. You may download the SolidWorks or step file or STL file. I may offer them for sale later or if you're interested PM me for a 3D printed version.
FMTV Tools

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These tools are expected to be made out of hot rolled steel. I'm going to try 3D printing them in carbon fiber polycarbonate and see how they do. You may download the SolidWorks or step file or STL file. I may offer them for sale later or if you're interested PM me for a 3D printed version.
FMTV Tools
3D printing of one of the the brake tools nearly done. The inside has a gyroid pattern which is cool because you can fill it with epoxy which is what I will do once it's done printing. Gyroid is kind of like a Mobius strip in 3D form. Pouring in epoxy will go all the way to the bottom and then fill it all the way up to the top leaving no air pockets if it's not too thick.
IMG_20240316_172902.jpg

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3D printing of one of the the brake tools nearly done. The inside has a gyroid pattern which is cool because you can fill it with epoxy which is what I will do once it's done printing. Gyroid is kind of like a Mobius strip in 3D form. Pouring in epoxy will go all the way to the bottom and then fill it all the way up to the top leaving no air pockets if it's not too thick.
View attachment 919185
The brake plunger seal driver:
IMG_20240316_190720.jpg
IMG_20240316_190718.jpg
And the brake adjusting tool, or at least the guide for adjusting the brakes.
IMG_20240316_190714.jpg

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty cool. Do you sand blast them at all or are they 100% out of the printer?
That's 100% out of the printer. I've had very good results with this material, and using a gyroid infill you can easily fill it with polyester resin or some other epoxy. Then it's solid and hard. I'm not sure I need to though this material is so very hard and strong.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's 100% out of the printer. I've had very good results with this material, and using a gyroid infill you can easily fill it with polyester resin or some other epoxy. Then it's solid and hard. I'm not sure I need to though this material is so very hard and strong.
I'm afraid to ask what those printers range

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm afraid to ask what those printers range
3D printers are not so expensive. Couple hundred dollars for a cheap Chinese one, but I don't buy cheap Chinese crap if I can avoid it. That's a Prusa printer made in Czech Republic. And no Chinese parts. They're just under a thousand and I've had it for 3 years. About $700 if you buy it as a kit and build it yourself

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3D printers are not so expensive. Couple hundred dollars for a cheap Chinese one, but I don't buy cheap Chinese crap if I can avoid it. That's a Prusa printer made in Czech Republic. And no Chinese parts. They're just under a thousand and I've had it for 3 years. About $700 if you buy it as a kit and build it yourself
I think I need one of those😂. Is it purely a thermoplastic material feed? You mentioned carbon fiber. I worked a lot in injection and compression molding as a menial programmer in the early 90's so am familiar with phenolic resins, but this is crazy stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks