• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv seat belt stuck

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone had their seatbelt be stuck and not want to unwind? mine mostly seems to get stuck. occasionally I can get it to unwind but I can't seem to figure out why it won't unwind now it's stuck all the way in and I can't cinch it out

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Has anyone had their seatbelt be stuck and not want to unwind? mine mostly seems to get stuck. occasionally I can get it to unwind but I can't seem to figure out why it won't unwind now it's stuck all the way in and I can't cinch it out

They have a little centrifugal force lock (that is quite simple).

This shows the basic idea. They typically get stuck when debris/foreign matter gum up the ball bearing.

coachgeo

angle of seat belt head on wall matters also. the unit on the passenger cab wall must be hanging properly. Wrong angle and it locks. Moved my passenger one due to seats we used. That changed the angle of the head just slightly to where it locks. Move it back to its home location... it works fine...

interestingly the driver one ..... no issue. Think they may have given driver belt more play to allow them to lean forward to say change gears, operate hand throttle lock etc.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea was thinking there is probably a piece of crap in it…
I would not be surprised by that because every area of the truck where dust and debris could collect had like an inch of dirt in it! I believe this truck was formally stationed at fort Bliss and it must be very dusty there either that or it was deployed to the Middle East or Afghanistan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks