• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV SRW recovery pictures

ramdough

Anyone have any experience and pictures of their self-recovery?

How well did the winch work?

I am curious what you thought about the system in use, how it was rigged, and how stuck you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wandering neurons

I've used the SRW on my M1081 a number of times - skidding cut logs up a steep incline, moving a 40' CONEX shipping container, pull a M-35 from a snowed-in pasture, pulling itself out of mud, and out of a snow bank. The logs were single-pull, the others required dual-lines via a snatch block at the far end. I don't have any pics handy.
I've only pulled from the front fairlead, I like to see where I'm going and what I'm pulling. I've not rigged for rear fairlead towing.
System worked as advertised every time, though occasionally I have problems with the PDM relay popping before use. Reset and run though.
Additionally, there's a whole TM on vehicle recovery techniques, will find and upload that later.

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello. I have some videos recovering a truck plus 4x4 jeep stucked in mood. I have it only on smartphone, I cand send it to you or post it, as you prefer...

ramdough

Hello. I have some videos recovering a truck plus 4x4 jeep stucked in mood. I have it only on smartphone, I cand send it to you or post it, as you prefer...
At a minimum, I would like to see them in full resolution. But, to help everyone else, I would upload to YouTube at full resolution and share.

I really would like to see some self recoveries as well..... granted those are probably less often done.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

sue

Have lots of pictures of our self recovery,
burning man, fantasy fest, Mardi gras.
And of course the associated mug shots.

ramdough

Have lots of pictures of our self recovery,
burning man, fantasy fest, Mardi gras.
And of course the associated mug shots.
Post up! Would love to hear your views on how they went and lessons learned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here some pictures of a revovery. I didn't be aware that I pull out the truck and the jeep together.

6acekbj3fyrdj2dgt9t5w6c9h75t7k14.jpegblaxi7lpoputmsi6x19ydat856nurabs.jpeg60664433_10216392310573569_7695275513920618496_n.jpg9eeljeuc1mt3zuq7c9hfhxiz2eaxffbf.jpeg

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they were tied together. I didn't notice about it, I saw it only after I pull them out... ;-)

Are you saying that both vehicles were tied together and both stuck? You pulled both out?

ramdough

My email is ramdough@ramdough.com

Please do send any and all information you can. Also, any schematics you have would be great.

If you sell piece parts, blank boards, whatever else, I would like those prices as well.

What all is included in your complete finished product? Do you have more pictures outside and inside the box?

Thanks
Douglas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks