• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV tech tip of yesterday

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any truck with air brakes this should be watched. I needed two of my cage bolts today and if I was not home and had the wire brush on hand it would have been a fight. So the tip is to remove all your cage bolts and give them a check/oil so if and when you need them there will not be that problem of rust. Then there is the two different length of cage bolts. There are the four that need to be 3 1/4 inch long so as not to hit the shock on the MTV's. So if you buy a 3/4 head cage bolt at the store that comes 4 3/4 inch long we need to cut four of them down. The small ones fit nice in the axle cage bolt holder and the longer four could fit in the can holder if you want to carry extra.
Also the FMTV hub bolts are the correct size to fit the axle. So if you need to pull the rear axles to get towed and don't have the correct bolt just pull one gear hub bolts as they are blind so no leak of gear oil.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks