• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV wiring schematic

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone been able to construct the whole down load or seen a complete one page schematic. I was never good at gig saw puzzles and my ADHD is not helping. I down loaded and printed then tried to assemble. I can get the main trunk ground line run out but the rest I am having trouble fitting together if it even fits. Is there a legend or something I am missing to put all the pieces together. If not than I will burn these pages and just ask stupid question on the wiring.

Attachments

Ronmar

Yep, not layed out to make a large drawing. The page mapping actually works best when they are layed out in a long line. I use mine on an ipad pro as I can scroll thru the pages easilly while tracing a circuit.

when tracing out a circuit, I use a notepad. When the circuit leaves a page, I write down the current coordinates (A 144) write down the connector/component, pin and wire number (P31-14 wire 1505) and the new page coordinates that are shown there for the new page location where the circuit continues (C 55).

Having these jump points written down helps me keep my brain on track when following a large circuit and makes it easier to retrace my steps...

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noting a linear sequence of the devices the circuit runs through helps a lit too, like start with circuit breaker, through a relay, to a harness, to a load, etc. Like Ron said, notes! Otherwise I forget what day it is even.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK was the last monkey to climb out of the tree but yea see it now. Find the circuit on one page and look for the number that I need to go too. So to complete circuit 105 had to go from #47 to #139 or vise versa.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a top secret space mission. The only two on board would be the commander and a monkey. The commander did not know why the mission needed a monkey on board but knew space command had a plan. When the commander and monkey were being loaded into the space craft the commander was handed a top secret file and told to open it when they reached space orbit. After reaching space orbit he opened the file. All it said was for him to feed the monkey and the monkey will do the rest.

coachgeo

OK was the last monkey to fall out of the tree but yea see it now. Find the circuit on one page and look for the number that I need to go too. So to complete circuit 105 had to go from #47 to #139.
Yep........ in some ways it is like following maps in a rand mcnally book of maps.. or following topographical maps that in the margins leave a key of what page and section of that page to refer to next..

Guyfang

Staff member
OK was the last monkey to climb out of the tree but yea see it now. Find the circuit on one page and look for the number that I need to go too. So to complete circuit 105 had to go from #47 to #139 or vise versa.
This is the way the Europeans have wire diagrams. It drove me crazy for the whole time I was in trade school here in Germany. Simply not handy to use.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do the tail light numbers on an M1082 trailer corespond to on tail lights? J261,J260,J259,J258? 22, 24,23,21,460etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard number on the lights themselves are Normal. 22,23,24 etc. But on the trailer wires the number tags don't correspond even with this chart. J260,J258 etc. I hope I'm just not missing something. Even dropping the letter doesn't correspond 260,258?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The standard number on the lights themselves are Normal. 22,23,24 etc. But on the trailer wires the number tags don't correspond even with this chart. J260,J258 etc. I hope I'm just not missing something. Even dropping the letter doesn't correspond 260,258?

Trucklite/Grote LED lights: white-ground, red 21-tailight, blue 460/461- turn signal and brake,
yellow 23- blackout drive, green 24-blackout marker.

Stewart Stevenson: J258-right taillight, J262-left taillight, J259-right turn, J263-left turn, J264-blackout marker left side,
J265-blackout drive right side, J260-blackout marker right side, J261-blackout drive right side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks