• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fng / fl

E5USMC

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mac and I am a former Marine from the Desert Storm era. I have lurked here from time to time and have now decided to purchase a M1009 CUCV....if I locate a good one in time!!! Having spent plenty of time in the M1009 and M1008 in the USMC in the late 80s and early 90s, I really want to purchase one and finish it out just like the ones I remember to include the camo paint and USMC numbers.

I was pointed to this site some time back by a buddy who is a member and owns a 2.5 Ton and a 5 ton. He advised there is no better place to get info on MVs than here.....from what I have seen and read he is correct.

Thanks for having me,
MAC

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard. You're right, there is not a better place for info.

The Army says, "Hooah"
The Marines say, "Oorah" The meaning of 'Oorah' traced back to its roots
The Navy says, "What the ****???"
Let me clarify what the Navy says. Green side Navy/FMF types say "Oorah" and our beloved SPECOPS guys say "Hooyah"
And the US Air Forces says "huh?" LOL, just kidding USAF

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Sir! Thanks for your service. Numbers and WSU, don't let ole Sarge hear you bashing the Air Force.

Green_gator

Welcome to the site and it is always nice to have another member in Florida.

Plan for the Georgia (Fall) and Florida (Spring) Rallies!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and Semper Fi brother.

I like your plans for the 1009 markings. Do you know how the markings are supposed to go on the camo Marine 1009, or have any pictures? I want to redo mine, but it has been too long since I saw one, I don't recall how they were marked.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks