• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG with a new project HMMWV

Farmallsh

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but have already had great dealings and conversations with several people that post here.
Anyhow, I guess I'm getting crazy in my older age but I decided to get a HMMWV. I'm not sure why, because when I got out of the Army in '97 I swore I never wanted to see one again. Not sure if it was the PMCS ritual, camo nets or the 50 MPH convoys back and fourth from Ft Sill, OK to White Sands Missle Range (5 times) that got me but never the less......here we are.....I have one...so here we go..........

Its a titled 1985 HMMWV originally set up in the M-1042 configuration as the tag states. It has been converted over to the M-1025 configuration at some point by the last owner. A M-1025 is what Im after.

Here she is when she came in a couple weeks ago

First drive out. Loud and rattles alot, just like I remember them......

original Interior pics

A2 seat upgrade. Those orignal seats had to go! Smelled like canvas and 1000 GI asses!! lol

Injection pump started leaking and went out the first day, ****. Oh well, time to turn into a 91B and fix it!!!

We got her up and running again and she runs well. Very well!!
Figured out after a quick drive that the old bias plys had to go. Here she is with new modern 37" radials and 24 bolt wheels.

Working on the 3 point seat belt upgrade now

I'll post more as the project moves forward. I need to get some missing turret parts, floor mats ect so ya'll will be seeing me post quite a bit in the wanted adds

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please attach pictures, rather than link to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks