• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forced Induction!

Croatan_Kid

I may very well be turbo'd here soon! I found a great deal on a Banks setup with the exhaust on Craig's List. Somebody over on Diesel Place posted it up.....so I called the guy just for fun, turns out he was great to work with and he's calling me back Monday about shipping costs and all that stuff!

I'm excited!

Provided that I actually get it, I'll tell yall how much I gave for it AFTER it gets here :D (dont wanna hex it!)

Croatan_Kid

I've been pretty lucky and have had great help in achieving what I have thus far. I seem to run across pretty good deals from time to time too.....that helps quite a bit!

Croatan_Kid

Thanks! I know I'm going to need to put both batteries on the rear tray, or at least move the front one for the air box to fit. What else needs to be done?

CCATLETT1984

I didnt use the stock filter box. I went with a cone filter and was able to keep both stock batteries and trays. its a bolt in thing :D

one thing removing the stock passenger side manifold its a PITA, you have to use a wrench (no room for a socket).

Croatan_Kid

Ahh, I remember you saying something about that before. I seen an install on a CUCV in Peterson's and they moved both Optima Yellows to the rear tray and just took out the front tray, it looked pretty sharp!

What, if anything, needs to be done with the CDR?

Croatan_Kid

Where does the crossover pipe run? Under the oil pan or up around the crossmember? I've seen both.

I'm gunna assume that if this guy ever gets up with me, that it's not going to come with the lower radiator hose.... Where can I get one? I'm probably going to have to get a pyro and boost gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks