• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit for the LMTV

spankybear

I have found an older PDF copy of the 24P parts TM and there is a section about "Deep water fording kit". Does anyone know of or ever seen one in captivity? Also does anybody know why the where officially discontinued?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen one, despite having looked. I'm not sure what it would contain, since the snorkel is already 9' in the air, and the engine has a fan shutoff.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the FAS site for the FMTV's under Performance Characteristics is states the water fording without kit is 36" and 60" with kit. But gives no kit info.

That website is the only place I've seen have any "info" on it. I vaguely remember looking around on that site more, and those 36"/60" numbers were also listed for another vehicle, so I wondered if they just copy and pasted.

spankybear

I would be interested to see a diy version made and documented if anyone has the interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need to find an older TM as it should have instructions to install the kit. I like the fact there is a place to stow the exhaust pipe as shown in the part manual. It shows the clip over the fuel tank...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks