• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fording

SsjSned

Has anyone ever heard about a deep water fording kit for the cucv? I think that would be a cool modification if done right. maybe use parts from a humvee fording kit? Just an idea

interesting...

in all my searches for cucv parts and accesories,a fording kit has never come up...but that dosn't mean it can't be built for cheap...run a snorkle to a sealed air cleaner and extend all the breather tubes to a high place is all you'd have to do.
don't forget to change all fluids after a fording day though... :)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Can't" is a pretty strong word but I am going to use it anyway. You can't ford a CUCV...at least not without serious modification. It is not as simple as adding an extended air intake and extension onto the exhaust. You would have to waterproof the entire electrical system, including the alternators. It says right in the engine compartment that you should NOT spray water directly onto the engine or electrical components (I cannot remember the exact wording of the label). I know there are quite a few ingenious people on this site so go ahead and prove me wrong... :D

Good luck!
Bruce

Olney, MD
------

1991 M149A2
1989 M932A2
1989 M925A2
1989 M101A2
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3)
1970 M149A2
1964 M129C
1963 M332 (3)

Westech

CPL
If your just going to splash accros a stream or somthing like that you could redo all the vent tubes (dont forget the one on top of the trany) seal the air intake, dont forget all the axle seals and lock outs, and run it. But if you want to run under water, get a different truck! You put that wiring under water and your in big trouble! its over man! I build off road truck with my friends and have lots and lots of time with that kind of truck. And when we build them we redo every inch of wiring. To be nice the factory stuff sucks. By now its all a little dryed out, cracked, ect.... Really is it worth it? No... is it worth it to splash around? sure thats ez and fun, but under water? no way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks