• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found an old Motors Manual

Blood_of_Tyrants

I just came across a treasure trove of old Willys information in a 1959 Motors Manual that used to belong to my father-in-law. It has torque values for the heads, main and rod bearings and a bunch of other specs. Would it be a copyright infringement if I copied the pages and put them in a pdf format?

GopherHill

Just my opinion, the manual is old. I doubt if anyone would take offense. I have several old manuals i wouldn't throw out - I'm sure my children will when I pass.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with patracy as to where they should be posted. Copyright used to run for 28 years after publication, but that was extended some decades back, and I don't remember when (and haven't looked it up). However, anything that was past it's expiration date was still expired. So 59 + 28 = 1987, if the law changed after that you are good, but still put 'reprint' on the title page. All US Govt documents are copyright free because they belong to the citizens of the US, and not a particular person or entity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks